Alexis is my name. I'm 15 and I am a Filipino. I am a fan of: Kagepro|PMMM|KNB|Dangan Ronpa|Super Dangan Ronpa 2|KND|Homestuck| Kyoukai No Kanata and a bunch of other stuff which is mostly anime, cartoons and a lot of cute things. (background is 'Heaven's Gate Staircase" by Sherwin Abesamis)
The first bionic hand that allows an amputee to feel what they are touching will be transplanted later this year in a pioneering operation that could introduce a new generation of artificial limbs with sensory perception.
The patient is an unnamed man in his 20s living in Rome who lost the lower part of his arm following an accident, said Silvestro Micera of the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne in Switzerland.
The wiring of his new bionic hand will be connected to the patient’s nervous system with the hope that the man will be able to control the movements of the hand as well as receiving touch signals from the hand’s skin sensors.
Dr Micera said that the hand will be attached directly to the patient’s nervous system via electrodes clipped onto two of the arm’s main nerves, the median and the ulnar nerves.
This should allow the man to control the hand by his thoughts, as well as receiving sensory signals to his brain from the hand’s sensors. It will effectively provide a fast, bidirectional flow of information between the man’s nervous system and the prosthetic hand.
“This is real progress, real hope for amputees. It will be the first prosthetic that will provide real-time sensory feedback for grasping,” Dr Micera said.
“It is clear that the more sensory feeling an amputee has, the more likely you will get full acceptance of that limb,” he told the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Boston.
“We could be on the cusp of providing new and more effective clinical solutions to amputees in the next year,” he said.
DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN REALIZE HOW AWESOME THIS IS???
TO DO THIS MEANS WE CAN FINALLY STITCH AXONS (LONG PART OF NEURON OR NERVE CELL THAT TRANSPORTS SIGNALS FROM JUNCTIONS BACK TO THE BRAIN) BACK TOGETHER
DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW IMPOSSIBLE THAT WAS? TO ALIGN THE DAMAGED AXONS BACK TOGETHER WAS IMPOSSIBLE
WITH THIS BREAK THROUGH YOU COULD EVENTUALLY WORK UP TO GIVING THE ABILITY TO WALK AND MOVE AGAIN TO THOSE WHO CUT THEIR SPINAL CORD IN AN ACCIDENT THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
THIS. IS. AMAZING.
Under the Dog anime project directed by Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Blast of Tempest, CANAAN)
"Under the Dog takes place in 2025 in Neo Tokyo, five years after a devastating terrorist attack at the Tokyo Olympics. In the wake of the tragedy, the U.N. formed a covert ops unit dedicating to seeking out, then eliminating those responsible for the attack. Anthea Kallenberg, a girl of Swedish descent is a member of this elite group who has honed her combat abilities and has become a deadly assassin, but must come to terms as to who she really is."
You guys like Fire Emblem? I’m supporting to nab another art book by Yuusuke Kozaki, who does the character designs for Fire Emblem Awakening, No More Heroes, Speed Grapher, etc. And also cuz this show looks neat! Let’s support the creators we love!
DAILY REMINDER TO SUPPORT UNDER THE DOG ON KICKSTARTER COME ON DO IT
This looks awesome
Damn it makes me sad that this is struggling to make its quota. AAarrggh i want good anime in my life.. come on guys! Pimp this thing hard!
edit: Also they made an update to the kickstarter and the character designer updated the main girls power-suit and i really dig it. More slick and intimidating but also great looking with the addition of a hoodie and more black.
yaaaassss check out the other updates as well, like: All backers of the $20 tier and higher to have digital access to any future Under the Dog animations.
This means if we only meet the base goal of this KS campaign but go on to create our trilogy of films at some later time then you, the backers, will have access to download those for your original $20 or more contribution to this campaign!
I just want this to happen so bad ;;
aries - stop obsessing over kanye
taurus - chill
gemini - whatever fuckin turtle
cancer - don’t name your first born child harold
leo - nice rack
virgo - little dweeb
libra - you remind me of squidward tentacles
scorpio - my dad
sagittarius - you play the piano with your hands not your feet what the fuck is wrong with you
capricorn - that’s enough memes for today
aquarius - probably illegal
pisces - how do dolphins sleep even
Official cover illustration for the novels “Bokura series” published by KADOKAWA SHOTEN.
cute date idea: five year mission in space exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations, boldly going where no man has gone before
THE TOP 30 THINGS THAT ALL HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN SHOULD KNOW
1. You will experience loss.
2. Sometimes your childhood friends turn out to be bad people.
3. Being kind is infinitely more important than being cool.
4. You will be forgotten.
5. Always turn in your homework on time.
6. Respect your teachers and they will respect you in return.
7. If someone doesn’t treat you well, leave them.
8. You will make mistakes that can’t be fixed.
9. It’s okay to experiment with alcohol and drugs, but be safe.
10. Forgive yourself.
11. ‘No’ is a good word to learn how to use.
12. If you’re having trouble, ask for help.
13. Sleep well every night.
14. Remember that a C is passing.
15. A test score is not a reflection on you as a person.
16. This all ends.
17. It’s better to have a few good friends than a lot of bad ones.
18. Don’t verbally or physically bully anyone ever.
19. Adults don’t always understand how hard high school is.
20. Volunteer time to a meaningful cause when you can.
21. Everything in moderation.
22. You can take a day off every once in a while.
23. Remember to still do things you enjoy with people you like.
24. Everyone gets acne.
25. Don’t date the same person twice.
26. Be honest with your friends.
27. Pencils on the ground in the hallways are fair game.
28. Have good posture while sitting or your back will be fucked for life.
29. You will grow in the most uncomfortable ways.
30. You are always your first priority. Be kind to yourself. Remember that you are worthy of everything.